Saturday, November 29, 2008

Reward??

Yesterday we were having our house appraised ... translation: everyone had to pitch in and get our house in shape to have someone walk through every room. This is no easy feat, especially since Mia loves taking things out of her room and placing them all over: lines up her shoes on the stairs, pulls out every blanket she owns to recarpet the living room, uses the kitchen as her own, personal playroom -- you get the idea.

Anyway, when I told the kids they had to clean on their "day off" they scoffed and complained. Alex was set to work cleaning their room and their office. Knowing that it is best to separate my children when you actually want something to get done, I called Domenic down for his assignments. His first question to me was, "can I clean the windows."

Now, obviously I had more pressing issues than shiny windows, but I told him that once he cleaned the cellar & straightened up the mud room that "yes, you can clean the windows."

The cellar and mudroom were cleaned in record time. Then he proceeded to clean EVERY window in the house! Who knew????

No comments: