Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratitude...

I love Thanksgiving on so many levels: it's a day to sit around in pj's and watch parades; it marks the beginning of the holiday season; I can now play Christmas music round the clock with no complaints from anyone; we eat the absolute best comfort food ever; we get together as family and just enjoy spending time together; unlike Christmas, there is no pressure to purchase & wrap gifts.

Most importantly, I love this holiday because it gives me an entire day to contemplate the blessings in my life. So often I focus on what is lacking in my life, even in prayer. I ask for guidance in helping others, being a better person, feeling comfort, etc. But today, I choose to focus only on being grateful, because I have been blessed beyond measure.

I have an amazing family, a wonderful husband who works tirelessly so that I can stay home with our three incredible children.

We are fortunate to live near my husband's parents, brothers, and uncles. Although I miss being near my own mother, I couldn't ask for a better substitute. And family makes the best friends!

I am grateful for my friends; they laugh with me and lift my spirits when I am discouraged.

And my most recent blessing is being chosen as a member of the 2009 Walt Disney World Mom's Panel. I am humbled and in shock that I was chosen as one of 16 panel members to help give advice to Disney vacation planners. The best part of being on the panel is that I have made 15 new friends that I can't wait to meet in person. This is an experience that I want to remember always, so I will be using my blog to report my adventures.

And lastly:
I'm grateful for the parade that turns my children into zombies for 3 hours so that I can write this blog.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

2 comments:

Briana Ward said...

Your Kids are so cute! I don't think mine have ever been still for more then three min. let alone 3 hrs.

Sheila said...

Ditto on the blessings of good friends. I think I laugh and have more fun with you than many of my other friends. Thanks for being my friend, too! And yep...Christmas music around the clock...right on!!!!