Thursday, November 13, 2008

Happy Birthday

To me, that is. I know it's a little odd that I'm writing my own birthday post, but I have to share the fact that my children genuinely surprised me this morning. Sure, they said "Happy Birthday" when I woke them up at 6:30, and Fred had a card and gift sitting on the counter waiting for me. It was this that I didn't expect...


That's right! A birthday cake at 7:00 a.m. They had hidden it in their closet, and when I called them downstairs for breakfast - VOILA! I know my mother in-law helped them out last night, but it was pretty impressive that they were able to surprise me. I also, loved seeing the expression on their faces as they realized that they really did pull off their plan.

Hope the rest of the day is as great as it started out!

(And in case anyone is wondering - No, I didn't choose their perfectly coordinated clothing)

2 comments:

Briana Ward said...

Happy Birthday!!! I found your blog thru Sheila and have been having fun catching up. I can not believe how big the boys are , wow I would not even recognize them. And your little girl is beautiful. Email me your email address and I will send your an invite to my blog. I look forward to keeping in touch more.

Sheila said...

You've had a birthday, shout hurray, I want to sing to you today, one year older and wiser, too.... Happy Birthday...to you! :) Play tomorrow? Call me.