Thursday, May 8, 2008

New Snack?

The picture has nothing to do with this post - other than Domenic is on the far right dressed as a "North Dakotan" in his school play - now on to the good stuff.
The other day I was driving around in the car with Domenic, and he was talking about anything and everything. I know he loves the sound of his own voice and very often asks me redundant questions or makes obvious comments just because to talk -- this day was no different. So I'm half paying attention when he asks me if Ritz crackers really taste good with pudding.

Me: "What are you talking about?"

Dom: "You know mom - Ritz crackers - are they really good with pudding."

Okay, I'm thinking he saw some weird, low-budget cooking show, and he's talking about some strange kind of banana pudding recipe, or something. I know you can make fake apple pie with Ritz, so anything's possible.

Me: "Who told you that Ritz crackers and pudding were good together?"

Dom: "I heard it in a song"

I had to bite my lip to stop laughing as I explained that "Puttin' on the Ritz" was not the same as eating pudding with Ritz crackers.

Sometimes that rambling of his really pays off!


No comments: