Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wow!!!

Okay, so I know, I STILL haven't finished blogging about my Mom's Panel training experience (I will) and, mom, I haven't posted pics of the children (I know), but I have to share. Yesterday, on our Mom's Panel Facebook thread a couple of moms started talking about the great "surprise" they received via UPS. I LOVE surprises!!! --- unless I know that I'm getting one and it hasn't come yet, ughhh! All afternoon I looked for the UPS truck. Snow was falling at quite a clip, and there were many plows that drove down our street, but that brown truck never came, or so I thought.

Before I went to bed, I remembered that I left the garage door open. As I went to close it, I saw the BOX sitting in the middle of my garage. HE DOES EXIST!!! was my immediate thought, and a sudden burst of energy helped me lift the package (yes, it was heavy & large) into my home, pry it open like a five year old ripping through packages on Christmas morning, and set it up for a photo shoot so I could share with everyone.

And this is what was inside the package. A complete party for all of my entertaining needs a la Martha Stewart. Or maybe my family will just think I'm really cool as we munch on all of these goodies watching It's a Wonderful Life (I wish) or college football (most likely scenario).

And my FAVORITE thing that was in the sleigh? The contents of that little box on the right...cute notecards for celebrating everything!

The best part about these cute cards is that we got two of each, so I can HOARD and SHARE. How great is that? I have to say that being a member of the Disney Mom's Panel has far surpassed my expectations. Laura, Leanne and the rest of the Disney elves behind this and all of the other surprises are amazing -- Thanks!!!

7 comments:

Jo Y said...

I so agree Diane, we're all so lucky and those cards are great, my girls have already told me we have to keep them all and not send them to anyone LOL.

I'm sorry I made you anxious by posting that I'd received a surprise, I was just amazed that I was the first to get mine, do you think they sent mine a day before everyone else????

Unknown said...

I love the note cards too - I can't wait to send them out!

Happy Holidays!

Sheila said...

How fun! You deserve it! Missed you tonight, the kids sang well and played all their little bells and drums just perfect! :)

Briana Ward said...

How fun, I LOVE surprise packages in the mail. It sounds like you had an amazing experience, thanks for sharing some of it with us. Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Margaret said...

That was such an amazing surprise. My favorite part was the note cards too and I thought of asking L&L if I could order more..want to send them to everyone.

Diane said...

Hi Diane - great post...I love the way you organized everything for a photo op! This was a wonderful, totally unexpected surprise...and I love surprises...but I'm rarely on the receiving end!

Heather - Hopelessly Flawed said...

What a lovely basket! Disney does have a way of Pixie Dusting everything...

What a great year you have ahead of you!